The 25 Days of Christmas Baking keeps with Day 17. Peanut butter balls are one of the easiest treats to make. My mother makes dozens of them every Christmas and gifts them to friends and buddies. All you need is creamy peanut butter, butter, confectioner’s sugar, Rice Krispies and chocolate.
Why this recipe works: The dynamic duo of peanut butter and chocolate is irresistible, specially with the candy and salty combination happening. The recipe is not any bake and yields plenty of peanut butter balls to proportion.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Make the dough: Mix the peanut butter and butter first, then beat within the confectioner’s sugar till smooth and end off by way of stirring within the Rice Krispies via hand.
- Form balls: Scoop the aggregate into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment coated baking sheet.
- Chill the balls: Place baking sheet inside the refrigerator for 1 hour or the freezer for 10 mins. This will help the balls keep their round form.
- Melt the chocolate: Place chocolate in a microwave secure bowl and warmth it at 50% electricity degree for 1 to two mins, stopping each 30 seconds to stir until melted.
- Dip the balls: Use two forks or dipping tools to dip the chilled peanut butter balls in chocolate. Add sprinkles straight away after if desired.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the satisfactory peanut butter to use? Creamy peanut butter is the manner to go. Avoid any peanut butters that is separated inside the jar (wherein the oil is on pinnacle). Opt for a peanut butter this is “no-stir.” I typically use Skippy All Natural. You can also use crunchy peanut butter, but the balls gained’t shape a great sphere.
Do peanut butter balls want Rice Krispies? In my opinion, Rice Krispies is what makes those peanut butter balls higher than most. They add a crisp texture to every chunk and makes the peanut butter slightly less overwhelming. When adding them in, stir lightly and avoid over blending so the cereal keeps its texture. If you don’t like the feel, you could depart them out.
How to shop peanut butter balls: Store in an hermetic field or excursion tin at room temperature for every week or in the fridge for 2 weeks.
Can you freeze peanut butter balls? Yes, region the balls in an hermetic field or plastic bag with parchment between layers so the balls don’t stick collectively. Freeze for up to a few months. Alternatively, you could freeze the dough earlier than rolling it into ball (also for 3 months).
RELATED PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES
I think we are able to all agree that peanut butter and chocolate is the closing duo, proper? Here are some of my favourite recipes providing the killer combo…
- Peanut butter blossoms are a favourite on the subject of Christmas cookies!
- Chocolate peanut butter bars have a shortbread crust, peanut butter filling and chocolate topping.
- Chocolate blanketed peanut butter popsicles are an smooth and amusing dessert 12 months spherical!
- Homemade peanut butter cups – Fav Family Recipes weblog
- Chocolate peanut butter bread – Meg’s Everyday Indulgence weblog
No bake peanut butter balls always appear to vanish within days. If that is any indication of ways right they’re, then I quite suggest making them for Christmas! Don’t neglect to keep a handful for yourself. Trust me, you may want them!
Serving 40 balls
2 cups (50 g) Rice Krispies
2 cups (350 g) dark chocolate chips, for dipping
3 cups (360 g) confectioner’s sugar
1 1/2 cups (400 g) no-stir creamy peanut butter (one 16 ounce jar)
1/2 cup (113 g or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
In a stand mixer geared up with a paddle attachment, integrate peanut butter and butter. Slowly add confectioner’s sugar after which Rice Krispies. Mixing simply till blended.
Place mixture in refrigerator until firm, about 45 minutes.
Take chilled aggregate and scoop a full tablespoon. Roll into 1-inch balls and vicinity on baking sheet coated with parchment paper. Place in freezer for at the least half-hour to save you misshaped balls.
When geared up to dip balls, prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and warmth inside the microwave on 50% electricity stage. Start with 1 minute, stir the chips. Repeat on 50% strength stage, stirring each 20 seconds till clean.
Dip balls in melted chocolate and switch to covered baking sheet. Immediately add sprinkles if favored. Once all the balls are blanketed in chocolate, place in refrigerator to firm up. Store in an air tight box within the refrigerator or at room temperature.
Measuring confectioners’ sugar: I’ve done this recipe with sifted and unsifted confectioners’ sugar—both paintings properly! Just make certain to degree before sifting.
Tips for melting chocolate: If the chocolate starts offevolved to company up at some point of the dipping system, vicinity lower back in the microwave for every other 20 seconds. Never upload water to melted chocolate!
Tips for dipping balls in chocolate: I use those dipping gear to dip any type of truffle in chocolate. The equipment make it easier and make a nice clean, rounded end on every ball. Scrape the lowest of the balls with the skewer or enamel pick to do away with excess chocolate earlier than putting on prepared baking sheet.
Store peanut butter balls in an airtight box with parchment paper among layers. Keep at room temperature or in the fridge for up to every week. Peanut butter balls can also be stored within the freezer for up to a month.